Monday, March 7, 2011

Finally finished


This took me around 4 months to do, maybe more. It was the longest I ever worked on a single embroidery. I got so tired of it at one point that I took a month and a half 'off' and worked on something else. I think the main problem was that I went on top of the area of black thread on the right half with the 'invisible' monofilament thread, and it was very difficult because the monofilament got buried a lot. Sometimes it would take 2,3 or 4 stitches before anything would actually become visible. I explain this dilemma and other problems in a series of videos that I recorded during the 'making' of this piece. The first one can be found here and they continue on in subsequent posts. I also have the full collection (except the first one) as a playlist on youtube called "New Hoop".
Total size is about 5 1/4" x 5".

5 comments:

  1. I watched the videos and have to say....it is pretty amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is just stunning. It is amazing to watch the progression. Wow!

    ReplyDelete